August 29, 2016
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 1 pound any white fish, cut into strips
- ¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 jalapeño pepper, halved lengthwise
- 2 ½ cups shredded red cabbage
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
1. Mix sour cream and lime juice together in a large bowl; season with salt and black pepper. Reserve about half the mixture in another bowl for serving.
2. Mince half the jalapeño pepper; save other half for later. Toss cabbage, green onions and minced jalapeño half in remaining sour cream mixture until slaw is well mixed.
3. Heat olive oil and remaining jalapeño in a large skillet over medium heat; swirl oil to coat skillet evenly. Season fish fillets with salt and pepper. Pan-fry fish strips in the skillet in 2 batches until fish is golden brown and easily flaked with a fork, 5 to 6 minutes. Discard jalapeño half.
4. Heat tortillas in the microwave on high until warm, 20 to 30 seconds.
5. Serve fish in warmed tortillas topped with cabbage slaw, reserved sour cream mixture and cilantro.