August 17, 2016
By Raschell Rule, MissHomemade.com
- 4 cups sweet potatoes; peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 cups parsnips (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 onio; cut into wedges
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Quartered duck pieces; skin removed (breast and legs)
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme (finely chopped)
PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees and spray a roasting pan with vegetable spray. Place the vegetables and garlic in the pan and drizzle with canola oil; toss to coat.
Sprinkle with the spices and season with kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper. Roast for approximately 35 minutes or until the parsnips are fork tender.
Meanwhile we will roast the duck:
Preheat your skillet with the canola oil over medium-high heat. When hot, add your quartered duck pieces, kosher salt and pepper, and thyme. Sauté for approximately 2 minutes.
Place the duck pieces on the prepared foil; wrap tightly. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from the oven. Serve with the roasted vegetables.
NOTE: You may also serve with 2 cups of cooked rice and apple chutney. Excellent.
For more duck recipes, please visit www.MissHomemade.com.