Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks Q2 Programs Offer Intrigue, Excitement and a Spin-Off to Spring Programming Lineup Beginning March 27
Fact or Fiction Foments on Outdoor Channel Original Series ''Hollywood Weapons''; Spring Fishing Finds Time Across All Three Networks
DENVER (March 20, 2017) – Spring fever is in full swing on Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks (Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network) with a full slate of new programming. Beginning on Monday, March 27, tune in for more new episodes from original and returning series across all three outdoor lifestyle networks.
“Spring is a time for rejuvenation and our outdoor lifestyle programming on Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network live up to the billing,” said Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks CEO & President Jim Liberatore. “We especially hope viewers will enjoy the new original series on Outdoor Channel – Hollywood Weapons, a show that promises to forever make you question what you’re watching on the big and little screens.”
Outdoor Channel continues providing a packed Q2 roster with gripping, adventure entertainment that provides an in-depth look into the people and stories on the cutting edge of the outdoors. Those wondering how “real-to-life” Hollywood gunfight scenes are pulled off will appreciate Outdoor Channel’s new, original series, Hollywood Weapons (Monday, April 3 at 9 p.m. ET), which will help separate fact from Hollywood fiction. Duck Dynasty will premiere a new season of episodes on June 5 at 7 p.m. ET and will, hopefully, continue to push and lead ratings in outdoor lifestyle programming with its long-running series.
- Hollywood Weapons (Premieres Monday, April 3 at 9 p.m. ET): What is scientific fact and what is Hollywood fantasy? Some of the most thrilling weapons action sequences from movies and television are put to the test on Hollywood Weapons, the all-new Outdoor Channel original series. Join U.S. Special Forces veteran Terry Schappert and weapons master and guru Larry Zanoff as they utilize the expertise of Hollywood’s premier prop house and weapons builder — and break down some of the most explosive action in Hollywood history.
- Duck Dynasty (Mondays at 7 p.m. ET): The Robertsons continue their reign on Outdoor Channel, the exclusive syndicated home of the hit series. If you can’t get enough of the Duckmen crew, check out the all-new Robertson spin-off series Commander Life (Mondays at 6:30 p.m. ET), which chronicles the teams behind the companies of Buck Commander, Duck Commander and Fin Commander.
- Miss Wildgame (Premieres Thursday, May 11 at 7 p.m. ET): Wildgame Innovations and Outdoor Sportsman Group are pleased to bring viewers a new series designed to see if these insta-famous huntresses are the real deal or just posing to gain social “likes” or “follows.” Miss Wildgame is the first hardcore hunting competition to put these huntresses with massive followings to the test – going head-to-head in an epic whitetail hunting competition.
- Shootout Lane (Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET): The real-life story of an atypical southern family of world champion competitive shooters and custom gun manufacturers. See what happens when challenges mount and generations collide.
- Friday nights continue to be the place to catch classic and modern western cinema blockbusters at 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. ET, including All the Pretty Horses (April 7 at 8 p.m.) starring Matt Damon, Henry Thomas, Penelope Cruz and directed by Billy Bob Thornton; True Grit, 2010 (Friday April 21 at 8 p.m.) starring Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Hailee Steinfeld and directed by Ethan and Joel Coen, as well as True Grit, 1969 (May 26 at 8 p.m. in honor of John Wayne’s Birthday) starring John Wayne, Kim Darby, Glen Campbell and directed by Henry Hathaway; Jeremiah Johnson (April 28 at 8 p.m.) starring Robert Redford, Will Geer, Delle Bolton and directed by Sydney Pollack; Silverado (June 9 at 8 p.m.) starring Kevin Kline, Scott Glenn, Kevin Costner, Danny Glover and directed by Lawrence Kasdan and Sometimes a Great Notion (June 23 at 8 p.m.) starring Paul Newman, Henry Fonda, Lee Remick and directed by Newman.
Sportsman Channel is flipping the switch to more fishing and adventure programming that appeals to the outdoor lifestyle enthusiast in everyone. Reel Time with Florida Sportsman continues catching rays and waves with a new season beginning Sundays at 8:30 a.m. ET and In-Fisherman is back for its 43rd season with new episodes on Sunday, April 2 at 9:30 a.m. ET.
- Winchester Deadly Passion (Sundays at 11:30 a.m. ET): Join host Melissa Bachman for Season 6 of Winchester Deadly Passion as she chases her largest mule deer to date; travels to Belize for a fly fishing expedition and even takes her Grandma on an epic deer hunt. No matter if she has a bow, rifle or fly rod in her hands, Bachman will find her target.
- Bowhunter TV (Wednesdays at 10 p.m. ET): Bowhunter begins its season with more action-packed bowhunts and helpful how-to tips than ever before with hosts Mike Carney and Equipment Editor Curt Wells. Plus, Randy Ulmer is about as good as it gets when it comes to pinpoint accuracy and he’s back to close out every episode with his “Dead-On” shooting tip segment.
- Easton Bowhunting TV (Fridays at 10 p.m. ET): Host Fred Eichler takes viewers on adventures all over the country where week-to-week there is no telling what species he will be after. Fred’s unique blend of humor and bowhunting experience along with his mantra “any animal with a bow is a trophy” makes this a refreshing, fun and educational bowhunting experience from beginning to end.
- Petersen’s Hunting Adventures (Sundays at 9 p.m. ET): Travel the globe with hosts Craig Boddington, Kevin Steele and Mike Schoby as they pursue the world’s most sought-after big game species from the Colorado Rockies to the dark forests of Hungary and just about everywhere in between. Join their chase for elk, pronghorn, red stag, Eurasian boar, eland, nyala, mule deer, gators, ibex, javalina, predators and more on this season’s exciting new episodes.
“Reel” content is all World Fishing Network serves up. It has what anglers want with all new episodes of professional angling competitions, including new mini-series of Major League Fishing’s General Tire All Angles from the 2016 General Tire Summit Cup held in LaCrosse, Wis. airing on Saturdays in April at 9 p.m. ET. Plus, don’t miss adding this new series to your DVR: Cast Northwest with Captain Quinn (premieres Thursday, March 30 at 7:30 p.m. ET).
- Timmy Horton Outdoors (Mondays at 8 p.m. ET): Bassmaster Elite Pro Timmy Horton has won more than $1 million on the Bassmaster trail. Join Horton on the water as he provides an in-depth perspective on how to become a better angler. Timmy Horton Outdoors takes viewers to multiple regions, highlighting different tactics and methods in multiple
- Skeeter Bass Champs with Fish Fishburne (Mondays at 8:30 p.m. ET): Skeeter Bass Champs is the top team tournament series in the U.S. that highlights the true grassroots of competitive bass fishing and huge bass from the “Lone Star State” of Texas. Join Fish Fishburne as he follows weekend anglers from all over the country competing for their share of more than $2.5 million in cash and prizes.
- Florida Adventure Quest (Thursdays at 8:30 p.m. ET): Expedition leader Jason South and his team of elite guides travel throughout the state of Florida in search of the most exciting fishing adventures.
- Major League Fishing 2016 Summit Cup (Beginning April 1 at 9 p.m.): Featuring angler interviews and extended coverage for six special episodes from the General Tire Summit Cup in LaCrosse, Wisconsin in 2016.
Other Q2 Highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel
- Catch an all-new episode Outside Tracks on Monday, May 22 at 9 p.m. Outside Tracks takes viewers behind the scenes in the studio and in the woods and streams with artists on the rise whose faith, family, passion for music and the outdoors has fueled their success. The night also features previous episodes of Buck Commander, Crush with Lee & Tiffany, Craig Morgan All Access Outdoors and The Fowl Life that feature music artist guest stars.
- Spend Memorial Day honoring those who have served our country during the day, and that night tune in for Memorial Day Special with Hollywood Weapons at 7 p.m. ET and American Marksman at 9 p.m. ET.
- Sportsman Channel
- Other popular series with new episodes this quarter include:
- Jon Baker’s Guide 4 Adventure (Saturdays at 1:30 p.m. ET): Join host and Alaskan guide, Jon Baker, as he navigates the harrowing terrain of Alaska to find the best fishing spots or big game trails for his clients.
- Just Junie (Sundays at Noon ET): Fresh off her win of “Best New Series” for 2016, Junie James is ready to take on whatever life hands her. From wild hog hunts to classic bow stalks, Junie shows her young family just how a Texan mom can be.
- Mother’s Day Huntress Marathon (Saturday, May 13 at 5-8 p.m. ET): Moms are hunters too.
- Arbor Day Tree Stand Marathon (Saturday, April 29 at 5-8 p.m. ET): Even hunters hug trees every once in a while: to set up their tree stands. Thank you trees. Thank you tree stands. Sorry prey!
- Red, White and Bluefish Memorial Day Stunt (Saturday, May 27 at 5-8 p.m. ET): To celebrate those lost while serving in the armed forces, Sportsman Channel brings you a marathon of Operation Fishing Freedom where real veterans bring you their harrowing and true stories of service all while angling.
- World Fishing Network
- If fly-fishing is top of mind, then welcome to “Friday Flyday” beginning at
8 p.m. ET with hit series: The New Fly Fisher (8 p.m. ET), Fly Rod Chronicles with Curtis Fleming (10 p.m. ET) and Fifty Places to Fly Fish Before You Die (10:30 p.m. ET), to name a few.
- Pack the bags for Weekend Getaways on Sunday nights beginning at 8 p.m. ET with adventure series Reel Animals (8:30 p.m. ET), Destination: Baja Sur
(9 p.m. ET) and Saving the Ocean (10:30 p.m. ET), to name a few.
- Jack Link's Major League Fishing returns with new episodes on Tuesday, May 16 at 9:30 p.m. ET offering less emphasis on the fish and more emphasis on the personalities, struggles, strategies, conflicts and emotions of competitors.
About Outdoor Sportsman Group:
Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network. The Group also consists of a number of established integrated media assets: 15 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman, and 19 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm, as well as aerial camera businesses, SkyCam and CableCam. For more information, visit www.outdoorsg.com. #AdventureToGo
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212.852.6646 | firstname.lastname@example.org