December 19, 2016
DENVER (December 19, 2016) – After days of holiday cheer, dust yourself off from a day at the beach, shoveling snow or out in the rough, add another log to the fire and settle in for a new slate of shows on Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks – Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network. Beginning on Monday, December 26, celebrate “boxing day” with fresh, original content and more than 1,620 new episodes from returning series across all
“The first quarter of any new year is exciting,” said Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks CEO & President Jim Liberatore. “At Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network, we especially look forward to presenting a new bundle of outdoor lifestyle programming that will help excite and ignite passion for the outdoors no matter if you live in snow country, beachfront or anywhere in between."
Outdoor Channel has a fresh roster of shows for Q1 featuring the best and brightest stars in the outdoors. From the new series Commander Life with the famed Duck and Buck Commander crew, to the return of lauded series Carter’s W.A.R., this season has something for every hunter, angler and adventure-seeker alike.
- Duck Dynasty (Mondays at 7 p.m. ET/PT): The Robertsons are back on Outdoor Channel, the exclusive syndicated home of the hit A&E series. Tune in on Mondays to continue catching a mix of episodes from the first six seasons of the popular unscripted show that will end its original series show run on A&E in 2017.
- The network also will air two specials: Aloha and Till Duck Do Us Part on December 26 and January 16, respectively.
- If you can’t get enough of the Robertson crew, check out the all-new series Commander Life (Mondays at 6:30 p.m. ET), which chronicles the teams behind Buck Commander, Duck Commander and Fin Commander.
- Backcountry Rescue (Starting Monday, February 6 at 9 p.m. ET): On this new series, get to know the best backcountry rescue team in America – Teton County Search and Rescue (TCSAR). This remarkable collection of everyday heroes stands ready 24/7/365 to respond to all kinds of extreme emergency situations in the wild country surrounding Jackson, Wyoming.
- Wardens (Debuting Monday, February 6 at 9:30 p.m. ET): The wildly popular television series Wardens is back in a new setting: Michigan. The spinoff follows Michigan Game Wardens as they work to protect the state’s most precious natural resources and public lands.
- Carter’s W.A.R. (Wild Animal Response) (Fridays at 7 p.m. ET): After an unforgettable premiere season, Ivan Carter returns to share the untold story of one man’s quest to save his homeland — the world's most wild continent, Africa. The wildlife detective and conservationist will expose the truth about how heavily-armed poachers are butchering elephants for their tusks and rhinoceros for their horns as part of his greater effort to preserve wildlife.
- Friday nights continue to be the place to catch classic and modern western cinema blockbusters at 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. ET, including The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly with Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach and Lee Van Cleef; The Shootist, starring John Wayne, Lauren Bacall and Ron Howard; and Man of the West, featuring Gary Cooper, Julie London and Lee J. Cobb.
Sportsman Channel’s lineup highlights programming that appeals to the adventurer in everyone with outdoor lifestyle, travel, food, and gun-focused series. If late-season hunts are on the brain, then tune in for Melissa Bachman’s strategies in Winchester Deadly Passion, and the guys from Major League Bowhunter always know how to find their bucks. The New Year also means fresh content jumping from the pages of magazines to the television screen with iconic series, Guns & Ammo, North American Whitetail and Bowhunter TV.
- Winchester Deadly Passion (Sundays at 11:30 a.m. ET): Host Melissa Bachman travels the globe going head-to-head with everything from world-class red stag and 1,000-pound gators to Boone and Crocket whitetails and thunderous bull elk. With rifle, bow or shotgun in hand, Melissa’s expertise and decades of experience will give viewers useful tips and strategies to use afield.
- Major League Bowhunter (Tuesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET): Hosts Matt Duff and Chipper Jones, along with producer Brandon Adams and field producer Brandon Danker, take viewers through an entire season of deer hunting ups and downs, delivering all aspects of their adventures.
- North American Whitetail (Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET): Co-hosts Stan Potts and Gordon Whittington join renowned deer researcher, Dr. James Kroll, North American Whitetail magazine editor Patrick Hogan and fellow expert hunters Mike Clerkin and Brent Beimert in sharing some amazing hunts with bows and guns.
- Guns & Ammo (NEW TIME Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET): Moving to Thursday nights, Guns & Ammo celebrates its 15th year on the air by reloading the show with four new and creative segments: Tactics of the Green Berets; Direct Fire; Personal Defense and ARs…On Target. All new footage will complement the “At The Range” segments, which again will feature the most exclusive reviews on firearms, ammo and optics.
If blue skies and clear waters are the criteria for a fishing adventure du jour, then World Fishing Network has what anglers want with all new episodes of fishing content, including new series: Hook n’ Look and the zany adventures of Mark Zona in Zona’s Awesome Fishing Show.
- Hook n’ Look (Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET): Hook n' Look will educate viewers from a fish-eye perspective to reveal how the fish are relating to the structure, plus the hosts will uncover the forage and demonstrate the action and effectiveness of lures from beneath the surface.
- Zona’s Awesome Fishing Show (Sundays at 11 a.m. ET): Fishing is inherently unscripted, unpredictable and humorous, just like host Mark Zona. In each episode, Zona will fish with the best anglers to catch anything with gills or fins.
- The Next Bite (Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET): The Next Bite crew spans North America in search of “Fish with Teeth.” Viewers will feel like they are in the boat as host, Gary Parsons, explains the finer points of catching early season walleyes in natural lakes. Also, land monster muskies with Pete Maina, and receive one-on-one lessons from Keith Kavajecz on jigging.
- Major League Fishing All Angles (Returns with new episodes February 11 at 9:30 p.m. ET): Major League Fishing All Angles tells the story of Major League Fishing from a new perspective. We’ve seen the game from the boat, now we bring it to viewers from the parking lots, boat ramps and anywhere inside the MLF footprint when the events roll
Other Q1 Highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel
- Benelli Presents To Kill a King (Monday, January 23 and 30 at 9 p.m. ET): In this two-part special event Benelli takes viewers on an expedition to the far reaches of the Bering Sea into the toughest water fowling environments in search of the King Eider. Facing the most extreme elements on earth, join host Tony Vandemor – a conservationist, outdoor photographer and lead ambassador of the Under Armour Hunt Waterfowl Athletes – on this remarkable journey few have experienced.
- Other popular series with new episodes airing this quarter are:
- Major League Fishing GEICO Selects (Saturdays at 2 p.m. ET) and Jack Link’s Major League Fishing Cup (Starting Saturday, February 11 at
2 p.m. ET)
- Michael Waddell’s Bone Collector (Sundays at 10:30 p.m. ET): Featuring the ultimate trio – Michael Waddell, Nick Mundt and Travis "T-Bone" Turner – on hunts of all kinds – bow, muzzleloader, shotgun and rifle.
- GO Wild Camo's Gridiron Outdoors with Mike Pawlawski (Sundays at 6:30 p.m. ET): Venture into the wild with former NFL quarterback and host Mike Pawlawski, as well as college and pro-football legends.
- Jim Shockey’s Hunting Adventures (Sundays at 8 p.m. ET): Starring father/daughter team, Jim and Eva Shockey, the duo traverse the globe to bring action-seeking audiences the best hunting adventures around.
- CRUSH with Lee and Tiffany (Sundays at 7:30 p.m. ET): The ninth season of the series, which is hosted by esteemed outdoor couple Lee and Tiffany Lakoksy, is what whitetail dreams are made of.
- Gold Fever (Starting Friday March 3 at 7 p.m. ET): Gold Fever is not your typical travel show; the show will take viewers to some of the most remote locations in this country, showcasing the vast beauty of mother nature, and one of the gifts she provides... gold.
- Sportsman Channel
- Other popular series with new episodes this quarter include:
- Jon Baker’s Guide 4 Adventure (NEW SERIES, Saturdays at 1:30 p.m. ET): Host and Alaskan guide, Jon Baker, forages the most harrowing terrain of Alaska to find the best fishing spots or big game trails.
- Just Junie (Sundays at Noon ET): Junie James harvests, drags, skins, guts and cooks it up all with a heavy dose of country-girl attitude.
- Mathews Dominant Bucks (Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET): Join the bowhunting team of Mathews Dominant Bucks as they explore DIY hunting tactics for mature whitetail bucks.
- Skull Bound TV (Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET): Host Jana Waller travels the world in search of her next adventure. Her skull design business leads her to some of the most interesting outposts and characters who share her passion for hunting.
- Savage Outdoors (Tuesdays at 10 p.m. ET): Come along with hosts Mike Stroff, Jamie and Jacob Satterfield and the rest of the pro-staff of Savage Outdoors as they embark on some of the best big game hunts in North America on film.
- Bill Dance Saltwater (Saturdays at 11:30 a.m. ET): Using Dance’s educational format, viewers will gain an understanding of techniques, seasons, baits and locations for their saltwater adventure.
- Respect the Game (Tuesdays at 9 p.m.): Tune in for 100 percent bowhunting and action-packed, high-quality production focusing on hunting big and small game animals.
About Outdoor Sportsman Group:
Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network. The Group also consists of a number of established integrated media assets: 15 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman, and 19 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm, as well as aerial camera businesses, SkyCam and CableCam. For more information, visit www.outdoorsg.com. #AdventureToGo
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212.852.6646 | firstname.lastname@example.org