March 23, 2016
DENVER (March 23, 2016) – From magnificent vistas abroad to finding the sweet honey holes close to home, Outdoor Sportsman Group – Networks (Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network) will offer adventure, excitement and action-packed shows of all kinds in its second quarter (Q2) programming lineup. With original premieres and new episodes from returning series across all three networks, viewers also can expect the most original outdoor programming focused on their passions beginning on Monday, March 28.
“As we continue to build our brand, the Outdoor Sportsman Group – Networks provide great outdoor programs again in the second quarter,” said Jim Liberatore, CEO and President of the Outdoor Sportsman Group Networks. “With the continued success of our Monday night programming block and new original series content, we reaffirm the excitement about our future as the leading providers of outdoor lifestyle content.”
Monday night continues to anchor Outdoor Channel’s programming strategy. The network shows are packed with gripping, adventure entertainment that provides an in-depth look into the people and stories on the cutting edge of the outdoors. Duck Dynasty, Carter’s W.A.R., The Gunfather and Wardens presented by Streamlight maintain a spot in the programming lineup while new and original shows boasting top talent and familiar television faces take the stage this quarter led by Top Shot, featuring Survivor star Colby Donaldson. Alaska’s Wild Gourmet, The Reluctant Outdoorsman and The Seahunter round out some of the original and returning programs as well.
- Duck Dynasty (Mondays at 7 p.m. ET/PT and Saturdays at 6 p.m. ET): The Robertson clan is back on Outdoor Channel, the exclusive syndicated home of the hit A&E series. Tune in on Mondays and Saturdays to view the most-watched unscripted series in cable history. Watch Outdoor Channel on Memorial Day, May 30 at 7 p.m. ET for the Duck Dynasty Marathon Event.
- Encore episodes of Carter’s W.A.R. (Wildlife Animal Response) presented by Nosler (Mondays at 9 p.m. ET in March and April) and The Gunfather presented by Brownells (Mondays at 9 p.m. ET in May and June) round out Monday’s programming schedule.
- Top Shot (Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET): Hosted by former Survivor contestant Colby Donaldson, Top Shot showcases 16 talented competitors in various types of grueling challenges to demonstrate their mastery of weapons from all eras of history. One by one, the contestants are eliminated until only one remains, receiving a $100,000 grand prize and the title of "Top Shot."
- Alaska’s Wild Gourmet (Saturdays at 7 p.m. ET/PT): Classically-trained chef Bradley Ewing is creating five-star meals in the most remote and wild areas of Alaska. From a group of anglers on a once-in-a-lifetime king salmon fishing trip to the rugged crews of the Alaskan North Slope oil lines, there’s no place this culinary genius won’t go to cook. Tune in for a glimpse into the last culinary frontier where one chef is redefining what it means to eat like a wild man.
- The Seahunter (Saturdays at 12 p.m. ET): If you’re looking for an inshore or offshore adventure, look up Rob Fordyce, captain of VooDoo Daddy. This legendary captain has dedicated his life to studying dozens of fish species and comprehensively understands the biology, feeding patterns, reproductive cycles, associated weather patterns and migration patterns of the fish he pursues. This has led him to be considered one of the most renowned anglers in the industry.
Sportsman Channel’s lineup – highlighting shows that appeals to the adventurer in everyone – features breakthrough hunting and fishing programming along with outdoor lifestyle, travel, food and survival. Iconic outdoorsman, Jim Shockey, is airing on Sportsman Channel with the debut season of his breakthrough series – Jim Shockey’s The Professionals. Spring means the hogs are moving and the fish are biting, so it’s good Pigman: The Series and the iconic series In-Fisherman TV are returning with all new episodes. Don’t miss other magazine-turned-TV-series Guns & Ammo and Petersen’s HUNTING complete with well-known names – Craig Boddington, Mike Schoby and more – ripped straight from the publication bylines.
- Jim Shockey’s The Professionals (Thursdays at 9:30 p.m. ET): The first season of the groundbreaking series airs on Sportsman Channel with a behind the curtain view into the life and career of Shockey and his production team.
- Pigman: The Series (Sundays at 8:30 p.m. ET): This is the story of Brian “Pigman” Quaca, a true-blue original and a character at the core, given to a rough and tough hunting lifestyle aimed at entertaining the masses with his different take on traditional hunting television. Pigman’s adventures send him all across the world with a determined sense to change the way people look at outdoor film.
- In-Fisherman TV (Sundays at 9:30 a.m. ET): In-Fisherman TV has been one of the most- watched programs in outdoor television for more than 30 years. Hall of Fame Angler and In-Fisherman Editor-in-Chief Doug Stange leads In-Fisherman staff members on a quest for the best fishing action across North America.
- Easton Bowhunting (Fridays at 10 p.m. ET): Fred Eichler’s unique blend of humor and bowhunting experience – along with his mantra: “any animal with a bow is a trophy” – makes this a refreshing, fun and educational bowhunting experience from beginning to end.
If blue skies and clear waters are the adventure du jour, then World Fishing Network has what fishermen and women want with all new episodes of fresh fishing content, including: Dirty Missions and Grand Slam Fishing.
- Dirty Missions (Saturdays at 4 p.m. ET): In a hostile desert environment inhabited by rattlesnakes, prickly cactus and scorching temperatures above 100 degrees, hardcore bass fishermen Billy Skinner and Bucky Leigh, comb the Colorado River for hidden, isolated and pristine backwaters to catch wild untouched giant largemouth bass.
- Grand Slam Fishing (Wednesdays at 8 p.m. ET): Angling icon Darren Cleave showcases extraordinary fishing, as he tries to break longstanding records, visiting some of the most sought after and dangerous fishing spots in the world.
Other Q2 Highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel also will be airing a number of movies throughout the quarter on Fridays at 9 p.m. ET, including: Silverado, featuring Kevin Costner, Kevin Kline, Scott Glenn and Danny Glover; Once Upon a Time in the West, starring Henry Fonda, Jason Robards and Charles Bronson; and Jeremiah Johnson, with Robert Redford, Will Geer and Delle Bolton.
- Adventure and hunting series returning with new episodes include:
- Archer’s Choice with Ralph & Vicki (Sundays at 12 p.m. ET) – With Ralph and Vicki Cianciarulo.
- Alaska Outdoors TV (Saturdays at 10:30 a.m. ET) – Offering a window into Alaska’s remote wilderness.
- The Adventure Series (Saturdays at 9 p.m. ET) – All new episodes of the ultimate adventure hunting television program that features locations only accessed by bush plane, boat, horseback or helicopter.
- Notable fishing series returning with new episodes are:
- DISH free preview (April 7-May 4)
- Friday night (April 22 at 10 p.m.) will get a little more frenetic when Pigman joins Michele and Fred Eichler on Easton Bowhunting and Michele attempts to guide Pigman on a pronghorn hunt.
- Attack of the Bass returns on April 30.
- Incredible bass fishing action also will come from: One More Cast with Shaw Grigsby (Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. ET) and Strike King’s Fish Hard (Sundays at 10 a.m. ET).
- On May 7-8, a Mother’s Day Marathon with the new series – from the producers of Pigman: The Series – Just Junie, will air from 5-8 p.m. ET on Saturday leading up to its season finale on Sunday at noon ET.
World Fishing Network
About Outdoor Sportsman Group:
Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network. The Group also consists of a number of established integrated media assets: 15 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman, and 19 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm, as well as aerial camera businesses, SkyCam and CableCam.
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212.852.6646 | email@example.com
Shareese Thompson | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212.852.6639 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Skylar Isdale | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 303.615.8838| email@example.com