September 21, 2016
DENVER (September 21, 2016) – Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network’s fall roll-out has the cure for buck fever, those missing the smell of gunpowder and viewers looking to taste the salty sea air with 627 new episodes and five new series across the networks, beginning on Monday, September 26.
“The fourth quarter is always a special time for us because it marks the start of hunting season,” said Jim Liberatore, CEO and President of Outdoor Sportsman Group – Networks. “Our loyal and passionate viewers relish this time of year and we are happy to provide programming that will help feed their hunger for the outdoors. Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network offer the very best outdoor lifestyle content on television and that will never change.”
In television, fall represents ‘new and fresh’ and that’s exactly what Outdoor Channel delivers in the fourth quarter (Q4). Monday and Friday nights are the place to be on the network with a double dose of Duck Dynasty, followed by new episodes of Alaska’s Ultimate Bush Pilots and Back Country Rescue leading the week, and the return of “Country Fridays” closing the week.
- Duck Dynasty (Mondays at 7 p.m. ET/PT): The Robertson crew returns to Outdoor Channel, the exclusive syndicated home of the hit A&E series. Tune in on Mondays to catch a mix of episodes from the first six seasons of the popular unscripted show, featuring patriarch Phil, business-savvy Willie, Willie's wife Korie, his brothers Jase and Jep, Vietnam vet Uncle Si, and the rest of the Duck Commander crew.
- Alaska’s Ultimate Bush Pilots presented by Arby’s (Starting Monday, September 26 at 9 and 9:30 p.m. ET): Back with an all new cast and location, Alaska’s Ultimate Bush Pilots is a half-hour reality show, spotlighting Tanalian Aviation, a helicopter company based in Anchorage, Alaska. Follow these brave pilots as they tackle everything from complicated underwater airplane salvage operations to taking tourists on a glacier ice climb.
- Back Country Rescue (Starting Monday, November 21 at 9 and 9:30 p.m. ET): On this new series, get to know the best backcountry rescue team in America – Teton County Search and Rescue (TCSAR). This remarkable collection of everyday heroes stand ready 24/7/365 to respond to all kinds of extreme emergency situations in the wild country surrounding Jackson, Wyoming.
- Viking Chronicles (Wednesdays at 8:30 p.m. ET): Catch the new outdoor adventure series that documents the feats of the witty and worldly Kyle Lamb as he traverses North America and the globe on a quest for adventure and unique game opportunities. Along the way, Kyle educates viewers on exploration training and firearms preparation in a way that only a former Special Forces veteran and expert gunfighter can.
- “Country Friday” Nights return with new addition Buck Commander Protected by Under Armour (Fridays at 6:30 p.m. ET), followed by Craig Morgan All Access Outdoors (Fridays at 7 p.m. ET) and Nick’s Wild Ride (Fridays at 7:30 p.m. ET). The evening concludes with classic and modern western cinema blockbusters at 9 p.m. and 10:30 p.m. ET, including The Magnificent Seven, with Steve McQueen and Eli Wallach; Silverado starring Kevin Kline, Kevin Costner, Danny Glover and Scott Glenn; and Rio Grande featuring John Wayne.
Hunters orange also will dominate the TV screen on Sportsman Channel this fall, perfectly timed to be the cure for buck fever. Popular series, Predator Nation and Outback Outdoors return, along with continuing episodes of favorites, such as MeatEater, Pigman: The Series, MCMILLAN, Cabela’s Instinct and Gun It with Benny Spies. And stay tuned for new marathon themes on Saturdays through November, including The Huntressess on October 8 and the return of the ever-popular Racksgiving during Thanksgiving week.
- Predator Nation (Fridays at 7 p.m. ET): This high-energy predator hunting show features Fred Eichler entertaining and educating viewers on how to successfully harvest predators with a variety of weapons, including bow and arrow, crossbow, semi-automatic rifles, bolt-action rifles and shotguns.
- Outback Outdoors (Fridays at 10 p.m. ET): Outback Outdoors embodies the essence of western bowhunting. Each show is a cinematic short film documenting the tremendous roller coaster of highs and lows that is every archery hunter’s reality.
- Guns & Ammo TV (Mondays at 9 p.m. ET): Fresh off winning its third consecutive Outdoor Sportsman Award for “Best Shoot/Gun Show,” Guns & Ammo celebrates its 10th year on the air by reloading the show with four new and creative segments: Tactics of the Green Berets, Direct Fire, Personal Defense and ARs…On Target.
- The Outfitters Built by Ford F-Series (Sundays at 11 a.m. ET): Tag along with outdoor experts Captain Conway Bowman and Fred Eichler as they take a dive into the lives of professional guides, their gear, crew, and how they make their living under
Fishing is more than just dropping a line in the water, which is why World Fishing Network brings anglers new adventure series this fall. Check out new and exclusive series Fishin’ Hot Spots with expert angler, Henry Waszczuk, as he travels to the hottest saltwater shallows. Fly-fishing continues to be a hot sport for beginners to experts, which is why Fly Fusion Magazine is continuing with Season 2 of their series, Fly Fusion. Their hosts know fly fishing is never just about standing in shallow water with fly rod in hand. Stories are better told on the water, which is why A Fishing Story and JP DeRose Breaking Boundaries are returning to the small screen with new quests. And FLW has non-stop tournament action.
- Fishin’ Hot Spots (Saturdays at 8:30 a.m. ET): Expert angler Henry Waszczuk is back to explore shallow water fishing for some of the most dynamic saltwater fish that can be caught on rod and reel.
- Fly Fusion (Sundays at 10 a.m. ET): Fly Fusion Magazine brings its pages to life with co-host Jim McLennan (respected guide, world-renowned fly-fishing author and Fly Fusion’s managing editor) and Derek Bird (Fly Fusion’s founding editor). They team up with a number of the magazine’s field editors to provide engaging and informative dialogue.
- A Fishing Story (Saturdays at 9:30 a.m. ET): A Fishing Story explores the lives of people with tremendous life experiences – from entertainers, professional athletes, veterans and everyday people. Viewers will encounter relatable, life-changing stories that will leave them wanting more.
- JP DeRose Breaking Boundaries (Wednesdays at 9 p.m. ET): JP continues his journey through the Fishing Family Tree, looking to experience new areas of fishing whether it be a technique, species or completely new style of angling. From giant bluefin tuna in Prince Edward Island to yellow perch on Lake Simcoe, JP travels to North and Central America looking for new practices in the enormous world of angling.
- FLW (Mondays at 10 p.m. ET): FLW puts you in the boat with the world’s best bass and walleye anglers throughout the United States.
Other fourth quarter highlights include:
- Outdoor Channel
- Gear Up and Go! sweepstakes encourage outdoor enthusiasts and adventure-seekers to live their outdoor lifestyle adventures to the fullest. The campaign runs throughout October and viewers can participate via the website (http://gearupandgo.outdoorchannel.com/) and social media. Daily prizes include: hunting gear from Streamlight, Irish Setter footwear and Tactacam, as well as special prize packs. The grand prize is a $15,000 shopping spree.
- Other popular series with new episodes airing this quarter are:
- Sportsman Channel
- Give thanks to big bucks during Sportsman Channel’s annual Racksgiving presented by Mossberg Firearms all-deer programming on November 22-25, plus the evening of November 27.
- Hunting during the months with the least amount of light also means those are the coldest hunts – tune in for Sportsman Channel’s “Coldest Hunts” programming block on Saturday, December 10. Staying indoors by the fire is ideal.
- Other series returning in the fourth quarter on Sportsman Channel with new episodes include: Winchester Deadly Passion (Sundays at 11:30 a.m. ET) and Big Deer TV (Wednesdays at 7 p.m. ET).
- World Fishing Network
- Other notable series include: The Blue Realm (Tuesdays at 10:30 p.m. ET) features some of the world's top undersea destinations, including: Papua New Guinea, Palau (Micronesia), South Africa, the Red Sea and more; Wild Fish Wild Places (Sundays at 11:30 a.m. ET) is part travelogue, part documentary, part natural history and part sport fishing.
- Competition fishing is heating up, so tune in for the new “Champions” primetime block Mondays from 8 p.m.–12 a.m. ET, featuring Jack Link’s Major League Fishing, Texas Team Trail, National Walleye Tour, FLW, IFA Redfish Tour and Ultimate Match Fishing, amongst others.
- Want-to-be pros know to tune in Wednesday nights from 8–11 p.m. ET for “Secrets of the Pros” primetime block with series: BrushPile Fishing, Timmy Horton Outdoors, JP DeRose Breaking Boundaries, Know Fishing, Critical Concepts and Fishing University.
About Outdoor Sportsman Group: Outdoor Sportsman Group is comprised of the world’s foremost media and entertainment brands for outdoor adventure enthusiasts. It includes three leading multichannel networks: Outdoor Channel, Sportsman Channel and World Fishing Network. The Group also consists of a number of established integrated media assets: 15 outdoor magazines including Guns & Ammo, Petersen’s Bowhunting and Florida Sportsman, and 19 top websites, including BassFan.com. Additionally, Outdoor Sportsman Group includes television production operations, Winnercomm, as well as aerial camera businesses, SkyCam and CableCam. For more information, visit www.outdoorsg.com. Check out the My Outdoor TV app for iOS and Android to stream outdoor entertainment anytime, anywhere. #AdventureToGo
Tom Caraccioli | Outdoor Sportsman Group | 212. 852.6646 | firstname.lastname@example.org