December 03, 2020
By Game and Fish Staff
Outdoor Edge has incorporated its patented RazorSafe replaceable-blade technology into the new RazorFin, an ergonomically designed fillet knife, with scalpel-sharp blades that can be swapped out quickly, easily and safely.
Each RazorFin includes three 5-inch scalpel-sharp fillet blades, plus the company’s new 3.4-inch gutting blade that will open fish like a zipper without the risk of piercing internal organs.
The Japanese 420J2 stainless steel blades have Rockwell-C Hardness (HRC) rating of 55-56, which is the same HRC rating used by premium German-style knife makers. The handle is made from a non-slip Grivory, and the overall knife weight is just 4.1 ounces. Overall knife length, with the 5-inch fillet blades installed, is 10 inches. The package includes a blade storage box.
The RazorFin is currently available nationwide and online at www.outdooredge.com.
- Fillet Blade (3 Pcs.): 5.0 in / 12.7 cm
- Gutting Blade (1 Pcs.): 3.4 in / 8.6 cm
- Overall Fillet Blade: 10.8 in / 27.5 cm
- Overall Gutting Blade: 10.8 in / 23.5 cm
- Weight: 4.1 oz / 116 g
- Blade Steel: Japanese 420J2 stainless
- Rockwell-C Hardness: 55-56
- Holder: 420J2 with black-oxide coating
- Knife Handle: Grivory® with TPR inserts and stainless steel pocket
- MSRP $44.95
- Patented RazorSafe™ blade change system
- Press the lock button in the handle to change blades fast and easy
- Blade holder supports the razor blade for the strength of a traditional knife and sharpness of a surgeon’s scalpel
- Includes two styles of interchangeable fillet and gutting blades
- Lockback blade release is secure and reliable
- Ergonomically shaped nonslip TPR grip prevents fatigue during long periods of use