- 3/4-inch thick bear steak
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
Trim fat from steaks, then season with salt, pepper, paprika and garlic, to taste.
Brown in hot shortening and place in oven pan.
Cover with a can of mushroom soup, a can of water and, if desired fresh mushrooms.
Place on grill or in oven at 400 F degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
If desired, top with canned onion rings during last 20 minutes of baking
- 4 (2-pound) Maine lobsters, live
- 1 pound salted butter
- 4 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 shallots, minced
- 2/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- Juice of 1/2 medium orange
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh lemon wedges
On stove top burner or grill side burner, sauté shallots and garlic in saucepan for 5 minutes or until soft. Add rest of ingredients except lobster and lemon wedges, and heat until butter is melted. Set aside and keep warm, stirring occasionally.
Line grill with aluminum foil; prepare a medium hot fire.
Split lobsters by placing on its back, sever the spinal cord by inserting a sharp knife between tail and body, then split lobster in half lengthwise. Remove stomach and intestinal vein. Crack claws and sprinkle meat with salt and pepper. Paint lobster flesh with melted butter mixture and place on grill flesh side down, cooking until there is a light char on the meat. Turn, baste with butter and grill until meat is firm.
Remove lobster from grill and paint with melted butter, keep wrapped in foil, remove claws from lobster and place claws back on grill for 5-6 minutes more. Remove and serve with the split lobsters.