LAS VEGAS, Nev. – It’s been said awards are for losers, but any product winning a “Best of Show” at ICAST is up for a windfall.
ICAST, the International Convention of Allied Sportfishing Trades, brings together more than 9,000 industry representatives from the global sportfishing industry to see the latest innovations in tackle, gear, accessories and apparel.
Media and buyers scrutinized the offerings in the single-largest reason many attend, the New Product Showcase, and voted on products in a variety of categories. Products that win are announced Wednesday, giving buyers plenty of time to make orders.
This year, the JL Marine Systems' Power-Pole Micro Anchor was voted as the best product in the Boating Accessory category and the overall “Best of Show.”
"The quality and ingenuity of the new products that are unveiled at the New Product Showcase continue to amaze me,” said Mike Nussman, ASA’s president and CEO. “I congratulate all of the winners and everyone who participated in the New Product Showcase, from the companies who worked hard to develop these innovations to the buyers and media who served as judges. I also thank Fishing Tackle Retailer for their sponsorship of this important event.”
The ICAST 2013 “Best of Show” awards were presented on during the Chairman’s Industry Awards Reception, sponsored by Rapala, at the Las Vegas Convention Center. As a special treat, National Baseball Hall of Fame member Johnny Bench, this year's State of the Industry Breakfast keynote speaker, presented the awards.
ICAST, the world’s largest sportfishing trade show, runs July 9-12 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. It is produced by the American Sportfishing Association (ASA), the industry’s trade association. The show is its 56th year and is the catalyst that drives the global recreational fishing industry year-round.
Sponsored by Fishing Tackle Retailer, nearly 200 companies entered more than 700 tackle products, accessories and apparel into the New Product Showcase.
Making up a special section of ICAST’s 400,000-square-foot show floor, the New Product Showcase provides special visibility for the industry’s latest innovations in gear, apparel and accessories.
BEST OF SHOW AWARDS
- ICAST 2013 Overall Best of Show – JL Marine Systems, Inc. Power-Pole Micro Anchor
- Best of Show Apparel – Shimano American Corporation Dryfender Insulated Raingear
- Best of Show Boating Accessory – JL Marine Systems, Inc. Power-Pole Mirco Anchor
- Best of Show Boats – Johnson Outdoors Watercraft, Inc. Predator 13
- Best of Show Combo – 13 Fishing White Out
- Best of Show Electronics – Johnson Outdoors Humminbird Bow Mount 360 Imaging
- Best of Show Eyewear – Costa Tuna Alley
- Best of Show Fishing Accessory – American Tackle Company Tidal Wave-Micro Wave System
- Best of Show Fishsmart Tackle – Foreverlast, Inc. G2 Floating Wading Net
- Best of Show Fly Fishing Accessory – Columbia Sportswear Henry's Fork V Vest
- Best of Show Fly Fishing Reel – Beam Outdoors Elite 21 Reel
- Best of Show Fly Fishing Rod – G. Loomis, Inc. PRO4x
- Best of Show Freshwater Reel – Shimano American Corporation Chronarch C14+
- Best of Show Freshwater Rod – G. Loomis, Inc. NRX Umbrella Rig
- Best of Show Giftware – Rapala Original Floating Bottle Opener
- Best of Show Kids’ Tackle – Pure Fishing, Inc. Shakespeare Ugly Stik GX2 Youth Combo
- Best of Show Line – PowerPro PowerPro Zero-Impact
- Best of Show Hard Lure – Koppers Fishing & Tackle Corporation LIVETARGET Baitball
- Best of Show Soft Lure – Lunkerhunt Lunker Frog
- Best of Show Saltwater Reel – Shimano American Corporation Stella SW 30000
- Best of Show Saltwater Rod – St. Croix Rods Legend Xtreme Inshore
- Best of Show Tackle Management – Plano Molding Company 3700 Guide Series Tackle Bag
- Best of Show Terminal Tackle – Mustad Grip-Pin Swim
Click image to view the the ICAST 2013 Best of Show photo gallery
Click here for videos, stories and photos from this year's ICAST.
ICAST 2014 will be held at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, Fla., July 15-18, 2014.
For complete ICAST information, visit ICASTfishing.org.
The American Sportfishing Association (ASA) is the sportfishing industry’s trade association committed to representing the interests of the entire sportfishing community. We give the industry a unified voice, speaking out on behalf of sportfishing and boating industries, state and federal natural resource agencies, conservation organizations, angler advocacy groups and outdoor journalists when emerging laws and policies could significantly affect sportfishing business or sportfishing itself. ASA invests in long-term ventures to ensure the industry will remain strong and prosperous, as well as safeguard and promote the enduring social, economic and conservation values of sportfishing in America. ASA also gives America's 60 million anglers a voice in policy decisions that affect their ability to sustainably fish on our nation's waterways through KeepAmericaFishing™, our angler advocacy campaign. America’s anglers generate over $48 billion in retail sales with a $115 billion impact on the nation’s economy creating employment for more than 828,000 people.