Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 ½ pound cubed moose tenderloin, or neck meat
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped and sautéed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup steamed carrots
- 1 cup fried, diced potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons tequila
- Pie crust
1. Preheat barbecue to 350 degrees for indirect heat.
2. Shake cubed steak in plastic bag with flour, a few cubes at a time. Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté the moose in olive oil until the meat is brown. Save the moose drippings by scraping them off into a bowl with white wine.
3. Combine cubed moose tenderloin with drippings, carrots, potatoes and onion in a bowl. Mix well.
4. To the bowl, add marjoram, thyme, celery seed, garlic, salt. Mix well. Add Worcestershire sauce and tequila and mix again.
5. Pour everything into pie pan. Cover with prepared pie crust, flute edge and cut slits in top. Bake on the barbecue for 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is nicely browned.