March 24, 2017
Yield: 3 pounds venison sausage
Total time: 20 minutes
- 3 pounds bulk venison sausage
- 1 small onion, shredded on cheese grater
- 2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl with your hands. At this point, you can use immediately or put in the refrigerator for two hours so the flavor can come together better.
- Pat out the venison sausage mixture so it's 1/2 inch thick and cut into patties using a biscuit cutter or the top of a drinking glass.
- You may freeze it all or use half and freeze the other half; it's up to you. Flash freeze the other patties by placing in the freezer on a baking sheet. Bring them out when frozen and place a small piece of wax or parchment paper between each patty and wrap tight to store in freezer bag or vacuum seal them.
For more delicious venison recipes, visit: www.MissHomemade.com