October 02, 2014
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 pounds lake trout fillets
- 1 medium onion, sliced thinly
- 1/2 pound sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1-1/2 cups sweet Marsala wine
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- Skin the fillets and wash with cold water. Dry with paper towels.
- Heat stick of butter in a heavy skillet. Sauté the onion and mushrooms uncovered in the skillet until tender.
- Put the flour in a bag and add fillets, shake to coat completely. Move the mushrooms and onions to one side of the pan. Place fillets in the skillet skinned side down. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes and turn over.
- Add 1 cup of the Marsala wine (reserve 1/2 cup) to the pan. Do not pour directly over the fillets.
- Cook for another 4 minutes uncovered on medium heat. Remove the fillets.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup wine and deglaze the pan (scrape the bits from the bottom of the pan).
- Place a fillet over buttered wide egg noodles and pour 1/4 of the wine mixture over it. Repeat with the remaining 3 fillets.
For more fish recipes, visit: http://www.misshomemade.com/besttroutrecipes.html