- 2 pounds ground venison
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon onion salt
- 10 ¾-ounce can condensed chicken noodle soup
- 10 ¾-ounce can condensed tomato soup
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ cup bottled taco sauce
- ½ teaspoon parsley flakes
- 6 slices Monterey jack cheese (1” x 3” x ¼”)
In a large, heavy skillet, brown venison in oil, seasoning with garlic salt and onion slat as it cooks. When meat has lost all pink color, add the remaining ingredients except for the cheese. Mix lightly and transfer into a large casserole. Place cheese on top of mixture and bake for 30 minutes at 350 degree F or until the meat mixture is hot and the cheese is melted. Serve on toast or rice. Serves 6.
Recipe courtesy of Jim Zumbo's Amazing Venison Recipes cookbook. For more information visit http://www.jimzumbo.com
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!