February 23, 2017
By Raschell Rule
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 4 pounds venison scraps
- 2 pounds of lean bacon
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon rosemary, minced
- ½ cup Italian parsley
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 8 ounces (8 feet) sausage casings
- Run the venison through the largest holes of the grinder and do the same with the bacon.
- In a large bowl, mix the venison and bacon with your hands until well blended. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix just until blended.
- Chill mixture for 30 minutes.
- Set up a sausage stuffer and attach the casing to the funnel feeder. Begin stuffing the sausage into the casing and twist every 4 inches. Keep the diameter about 1 inch to insure proper cooking. Prick sausage with a pin all over.
- Chill venison sausages until ready to cook.
For more venison recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com