Hunter's Venison Meatloaf Hot Dish Recipe
It's hard to beat mom's meatloaf, but making it with venison just might do it
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- 1 pound ground venison
- 1 cup quick oats
- Small onions, grated
- ½ cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion power
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 potatoes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Combine ingredients in a large bowl and place in the bottom of a baking dish.
3. Bake for 1 hour.
4. Meanwhile, boil and mash 5 potatoes and place on top of the meatloaf when it is done.
5.Top with homemade gravy or butter and a sprinkling of cheese.
For more venison recipes, please visit MissHomemade.com.