This ground venison recipe can be made so many ways. Use this as your recipe foundation and build it according to your own family's taste.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 2 or 2 ½ quart baking dish and set aside.
- Sauté chopped onion in the olive oil until tender. Add the ground venison and brown meat. You may use ¼ pound of ground pork or ground beef to reduce the amount of ground venison to ¾ pound.
- Drain well and place back in the skillet. Add the tomato sauce, garlic/onion powder and oregano. Place in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Place the partially cooked green beans on top of the ground meat. Instead of green beans, you may sauté chopped green and red pepper, mushrooms, peas or your favorite vegetable.
- Mash the potatoes with ½ cup milk and egg and place evenly over the green beans. Top with shredded cheese (optional).
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and sides are bubbling.
For more venison recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com