December 20, 2017
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 6-8 hours
Total time: 8 hours 20 minutes
- Top round moose
- Hi Mountains Pepper Blend Jerky Cure & Seasoning
1. Trim off any leftover sinew that may have been missed when processing.
2. Slice the top browns down into about ¾-inch slices.
3. Feed each individual slice into the top of the jerky slicer and turn the crank to watch the slices transform into strips. Repeat for each slice.
4. Once all the jerky has been sliced, place it on a scale to measure the exact weight to determine how much seasoning is needed.
5. Once seasoning has been portioned out, spread it out all over the jerky and add water to mix and blend the seasoning.
6. Lay each strip evenly onto a rack and place them in the smoker. Cook for about 6-8 hours or until the edges of each strip are dry.