Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 30-45 minutes
- 1⁄3 cup green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ground venison burger
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup homemade mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 28 ounces homemade spaghetti sauce
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a bowl, combine the onion, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Add to the venison burger and mix well. Shape into approximately 1-inch balls and place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through. Lower oven temperature to 350 degrees.
3. In the bottom of a ungreased 9x13 pan, arrange bread slices to cover the bottom.
4. Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, Italian seasoning; and spread of the bread slices. Sprinkle with ½-cup cheese.
5. Combine the sauce, water and garlic. Add the meatballs and pour over the cheese mixture. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
6. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with a fresh salad.
For more venison recipes, visit MissHomemade.com.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below!