Homemade Venison Jerky Recipe
You'll never buy store-bought again after trying this venison jerky recipe
Yield: 2 pounds venison jerky
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 6 hours
- 4 pounds venison
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian hot paprika, more if you want it hot
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup teriyaki sauce
- ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce (or to taste)
- Trim fat from venison (if there is any) and slice into 4-inch strips. The venison pieces should be between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick. It is easier to slice the venison if it is partially frozen. Pound meat lightly and set aside.
- Combine rest of ingredients and mix well. Pour this marinade over the venison strips. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, line cookie sheets with foil. Place venison strips on sheets – do not overlap meat.
- Preheat oven to 150-175 degrees, or the lowest temperature it has. Bake for 3 hours; turn venison strips over and bake for an additional 3 hours. Venison jerky is cooked when meat is dried out. Enjoy.
For more venison recipes visit, MissHomemade.com.