Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 2 lbs ground venison
- 2 lbs ground pork butt (fatty meat for flavor)
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 TBS kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp freshly grated black pepper
- 2/3 cup dark beer (see note below)
- casings, soaked in water for 2 hours**
Mix the ingredients together and put mixture in food grinder. Turn the grinder on and hold the casing. The casing will fill with air – then squeeze the air out of the casing and tie a knot on the end.
Push the meat mixture through as the casings fill - hold the casing as it coils. Pinch the end of the casing and twist it a few times and tie that end off.
Now you can boil them in beer or water, or grill them for 20 to 30 minutes.
**After soaking, rinse thoroughly by placing the end of the casing opening over the water faucet and rinse it that way.