October 25, 2016
By Raschell Rule
Rubbed sage is lighter and fluffier and is not as strong as dried (ground) sage. So, if you like sage flavor, be sure to use ground sage in this Homemade Venison and Pork Sausage Recipe.
Total time: 30 minutes
- 4 pounds ground pork
- 4 pounds venison, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons coarse black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon clove
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground sage
- Put venison through meat grinder.
- Mix all spices together first and then add to the ground pork and ground venison and mix thoroughly by hand.
- Package venison and pork sausage in 1-pound packages, vacuum seal, and freeze.
For more delicious venison sausage recipes, visit: www.MissHomemade.com