Yield: 2 cups
Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons of herbs, chopped (tarragon, basil, dill, cilantro, chives, etc.)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 4 ounces butter at room temperature
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1. Sauté chopped shallots in a little olive oil until translucent. Add minced garlic and stir. Stir in tomatoes and cook for 1 minute.
2. Add heavy cream and half of the fresh herbs. Simmer until reduced by half or desired consistency.
3. Add lime juice and remaining herbs. Season by taste with salt and pepper.
4. Gradually add butter, stirring until sauce is hot.
For more fresh fish sauce recipes, please visit MissHomemade.com.