Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time 30 minutes
Recommended wood chips/pellets: Hardwood Mesquite
- 1 (8-rib) venison roast, about 2 pounds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Traeger Beef Rub
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- Set the temperature on your grill to high and preheat with lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Rub the olive oil over the venison roast, coating evenly. Season venison roast liberally on all sides with Traeger Beef Rub and kosher salt.
- Place the venison roast directly on the grill grate, bone side down.
- Cook for 15 minutes on high, then reduce the temperature to 325 degrees F and cook until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees F when an instant-read thermometer is inserted into the thickest part of the roast).
- Remove venison roast from the grill and let rest 5-10 minutes before carving. Enjoy!
For more Traeger recipes, visit: https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes