Grilled Grouper with Watermelon Salsa
A refreshing take on salsa acts as a fantastic side for this grilled grouper recipe
- 4 (4-ounce) grouper fillets
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 2 cups chopped seedless watermelon
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 English cucumber (chopped)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper (seeded and minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
Preheat grill to between 350 degrees and 400 degrees (medium-high). Sprinkle grouper with pepper and a 1/2 teaspoon salt. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Grill fish, covered with grill lid. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or just until fish begins to flake when poked with the tip of a sharp knife and is opaque in center.
Combine chopped watermelon, Kalamata olives, cucumber, jalapeno, red onion, balsamic vinegar, the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Serve with grilled fish.