Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 goose breasts, chopped in 1-inch cubes
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts
- 1 (8-ounce) can bamboo shoots
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 package round pot sticker/dumpling wrappers
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup chicken stock
1. Add top 10 ingredients to food processor and pulse until a fine stuffing is formed.
2. Remove 1 pot sticker wrapper from the package and cover the others with a damp cloth. Place a small rounded teaspoon of the mixture in the center of the wrapper. Moisten the edge of the wrap and fold wrap in half over filling to form a semi-circle. Starting at one end, pinch the edges closed with your thumb and finger (similar to pinching the edges of a pie crust). Set on a sheet pan and cover with a damp cloth. Repeat this process until all of the filling is gone.
3. Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-heat and add a tablespoon of vegetable oil to pan. Add 8 to 10 goose pot stickers at a time to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on one side. Turn pot stickers over and slowly add ¼ cup chicken stock to the pan, cover and cook for another 2 minutes. Remove pot stickers to a cookie sheet and place in a warm oven until ready to serve.. Repeat until all the pot stickers are cooked.
For more game bird & waterfowl recipes, visit NevadaFoodies.com.