December 15, 2016
- 4 goose breasts, sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thin
Clean 4 goose breasts and slice into 1/4 inch thin strips and place into a glass dish or pan. Mix all marinade ingredients in a small bowl and pour over meat. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons of fresh ginger
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 red bell, chopped
- 2 cups of Bok Choy, chopped
- 1 cup of bean sprouts
- 8 ounces of water chestnuts, sliced
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 8 ounces of drained pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons of mint, chopped
- 4 cups of cooked white rice
Other ingredients to substitute or add to this goose stir-fry recipe are sliced mushrooms, shredded cabbage, shaved carrots, baby corn and bamboo shoots. (Nevada Foodies photo)
Cook rice as directed on package.
Heat large skillet over medium-high heat. Add one tablespoon of olive oil to skillet along with red bell pepper, garlic, ginger and white onion. Sauté vegetables for 5 minutes to slightly soften. Add marinated goose meat to skillet and continue to cook until lightly browned, usually about 5 to 6 minutes. Add chopped Bok Choy, bean sprouts, water chestnuts and green onions to the skillet. Gently stir everything together and continue to cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and pour the goose stir-fry over cooked rice. Garnish with pineapple and fresh mint.
Editor’s Note: This recipe was featured on “The Fowl Life with Chad Belding.”
For more information about this recipe, please visit: http://www.nevadafoodies.com/goose-pineapple-stir-fry/.