Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 to 2 pounds of ground venison, depending on the size of your party
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- Olive oil
- 1/4 cup of merlot
- 1 jar of your favorite marinara sauce (mine is Rao’s)
- 1 sleeve or box of your favorite polenta
- 1 bunch of asparagus
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Combine ground venison, eggs, breadcrumbs, milk, parsley, onion, garlic, salt and pepper and form into 2 to 4 large meatballs (depending on size of crowd). In a deep nonstick pan over high heat, brown meatballs on all sides in oil. Remove meatballs from pan and set aside.
- Deglaze pan with merlot, scraping up all brown bits. Next, stir in a jar of marina sauce, and then return meatballs back into the pan. Cover the pan and steam meatballs for 20 minutes on low heat.
- Mix polenta according to package directions. Sauté asparagus with olive oil until tender and season to taste. Spoon polenta onto a plate, top it with meatballs, and then garnish with asparagus. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!