Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup butter, for frying
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 pounds flounder fillets (about 6)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1. About45 minutes before serving, add 2 tablespoons butter to a 12-inch skillet overmedium heat. Cook onion in butter until tender, about 5 minutes; transfer to aplate to keep warm.
2. Cut flounder fillets in half crosswise.
3. On waxed paper, combine flour, salt, pepper and paprika. Coat fillets with flour mixture.
4. In the same skillet over medium heat, add ¼ cup butter. Fry the flounder fillets, turning once, until fish is browned and flakes easily when tested with a fork. Put fish on a platter. Fry until all fish are done.
5. Add lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce to mixture left in the skillet, and bring to a boil, stirring. Pour over fish. Top with cooked onion.