March 27, 2013
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (I use Old London plain bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp homemade lemon pepper
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 1 TBS onion powder
- 1-1/2 lbs bluegill or crappie fillets
- canola oil for frying
PREHEAT oil to 375 degrees.
In a shallow bowl, combine the first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the eggs with the garlic and onion powder. Dip fillets in eggs, then coat with crumb mixture.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil and test cook with one fillet before cooking fillets in batches. Fry for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork, and is deep golden brown.
Butter sliced Italian bread and brown under the broiler or on the grill; sprinkling with a touch of garlic.
Top with lettuce, tomato and tartar sauce.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!