If you are planning to serve this trout recipe when camping, foil-grilled potatoes is a great side dish to serve along with it. Just thinly slice up several potatoes and add chopped onion (and green pepper); mix well. Place the seasoned potatoes in a large piece of foil and top with pats of butter. Salt and pepper to taste (I use seasoned salt). The potatoes will take a little longer than the trout, so you will want to start this first. Check often so they do not burn.
You may also want to slice up some French bread to serve with the trout. Butter the bread on both sides and sprinkle with garlic powder. Grill the bread until golden brown and serve with the meal.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 trout, gutted and scaled
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon slices, garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray each piece of foil with oil.
- Place each trout in a piece of foil large enough to wrap and seal the fish.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and place equal amounts over each fish.
- Seal foil tightly around each fish. If you are cooking more trout, just double the other ingredients.
- Place fillets on a baking pan and bake for 20 minutes or until the fillet easily flakes. (You may also place the foil-covered fish over the grill at the campsite and check after 15 minutes, just be sure to carefully flip foiled fish over half way through.)
- Serve cooked trout in foil so everyone has their own to enjoy.
For more fish recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com