- Olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped garlic (love it, love it, love it.)
- 1/2 large chopped onion
- 1-2 celery stalks, of peeled chopped
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- Dried, crushed hot pepper (to taste). The hotter the better for me.
- Sea salt (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon concentrated tomato paste
- 6 oz. can of Ro-Tel diced tomatoes with chilies
- 6 oz. Vegetable stock
- 1-8oz. can of chopped clams (with juice)
- 2-8oz cod fish filets cut into 1 to 2 inch chunks
- 8 to 10 cooked peeled shrimp
In a cast Iron pot, heat a liberal splash of olive oil. Add garlic, celery, onion, oregano, and tomato paste.
Cook until vegetables are sweating (keep heat low to avoid burning garlic).
Add chopped tomatoes/chilies and vegetable stock. Bring up to a slow simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes to allow all flavors to blend.
Add chopped clams with juice, cod fish chunks, and cook at a simmer until cod fish flesh turns white.
Add cooked shrimp and heat. Add sea salt to taste.
Ladle into deep bowls. Add a splash of olive oil on top. Serve along with garlic bread.