Prep Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 3 pounds elk roast, diced
- ½ pound of pork fat, diced
- 4 cups beef stock
- ¼ cup red wine
- ⅛ cup tomato paste
- ¼ cup butter
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup curly parsley
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon oregano and coriander
- 1 tablespoon sage and cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups bread crumbs
- 1 pound pasta dough
1. To make the gravy, pour beef stock, red wine, tomato paste, butter, garlic, onion powder and black pepper into pot and cook on medium heat. Whisk in flour to thicken.
2. Dice up pork fat and elk roast. Mix in parsley, garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, coriander, sage and cinnamon.
3. Grind all the meat through the course plate one time through. Then run half of it back through the medium plate.
4. Hand mix bread crumbs and eggs, form into meatballs and place on frying pan. Cook until almost cooked through, but not completely.
5. Finish cooking meatballs in brown gravy by simmering for about 3 hours.
6. To make the fettuccine, feed pasta dough through the roller until flattened. Slice into fettuccine noodles and lay out to dry.
7. Pour gravy and meatballs onto noodles and serve.