Elk Refried Beans and Rice Enchiladas (Recipe)
Our family really enjoys wild game enchiladas, so we decided to go back to the basics and cook these elk refried bean and rice enchiladas using a mild green enchilada sauce. This recipe cooked up exactly 10 delicious enchiladas that were devoured in a matter of minutes.
You can substitute ground venison or antelope burger.
- 1 pound ground elk
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 16 ounces canned refried beans
- 28 ounces Green chili enchilada sauce (mild)
- 1 sliced green chili (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 can Coors or Coors Light beer
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Click here to view the directions to this recipe.