June 01, 2015
Our family really enjoys wild game enchiladas, so we decided to go back to the basics and cook these elk refried bean and rice enchiladas using a mild green enchilada sauce. This recipe cooked up exactly 10 delicious enchiladas that were devoured in a matter of minutes.
You can substitute ground venison or antelope burger.
- 1 pound ground elk
- 1 cup cooked white rice
- 16 ounces canned refried beans
- 28 ounces Green chili enchilada sauce (mild)
- 1 sliced green chili (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 can Coors or Coors Light beer
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/2 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
Click here to view the directions to this recipe.