Elk Chili Recipe
You gotta love chili, and this elk recipe delivers.
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
- 1-1/2 lb ground elk meat
- 2 yellow onions, chopped
- 1 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 cups homemade tomato sauce
- 2 cups tomatoes, diced
- 2 cup kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup green chilies, diced
- 2 to 3 TBS homemade chili powder
- 1/2 tsp homemade garlic powder
- 1 tsp homemade onion powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup homemade brown sugar, packed
- sliced jalapenos
- chopped green onion
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
In a large skillet fry the ground elk with onion and green pepper until browned. Drain off excess grease.
Pour the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, kidney beans and green chilies into the skillet with the meat, and stir to blend. Season with chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and brown sugar. Cover, and simmer over low heat for at least one hour.
You can also mix this together in the morning and cook in the crock pot.