July 11, 2016
By Raschell Rule, MissHomemade.com
You will need 16 artichoke bottoms; one for each egg. You can also buy artichoke bottoms at the store. Each serving is two artichoke bottoms and two eggs. So if you are cutting this recipe in half, do so with the eggs too.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Total time: 40 minutes
- 16 boiled artichokes or two cans artichoke hearts (rinsed/drained)
- ½ cup green onions, finely chopped
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cups cooked spinach, drained
- 1 pint sour cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 16 eggs
- 2 cups hollandaise sauce
1. If using fresh artichokes, scrape the leaves off of eight boiled artichokes and save for the next step. Remove the leaves off the other eight and then take the ‘choke’ out of all of them; discard.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. Place the 16 artichoke bottoms on a greased baking dish. Sauté onions and add the spinach. Stir in sour cream, Parmesan, lemon juice and the leaves from the 8 artichokes you set aside in the first step. Mix well and evenly. Place this mixture on top of each artichoke bottom and put in the oven to heat through.
4. Meanwhile, you may poach the 16 eggs or scramble them. I scramble them. Take the artichokes out of the oven and evenly distribute the scrambled eggs to the top. Drizzle with hollandaise sauce.
For more breakfast and brunch recipes, please visit www.MissHomemade.com.