This homemade dry-rub is a rock-star and a must-try for venison roast. Want to keep your family at the dinner table? Then give this recipe a try.
- 2 ½ to 3 pounds venison roast (whole or chunked)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 heaping tsp granulated or powdered beef bouillon
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves, lightly crushed
- 1/4 tsp cornstarch
Preheat oven to 325 degrees (F).
Mix all of the dry ingredients together. Rub the venison roast (or roast chunks) with olive oil and then roll meat into dry ingredients.
Meanwhile add 2 cups of beef broth in the bottom of a roasting pan. Place the venison roast in the pan and add the potato and onion quarters.
Cover and roast for bake for 2 hours. Remove from oven and let the venison roast rest for 15 minutes. Thinly slice and enjoy.