Duck Egg Rolls Recipe
Egg rolls are easy to make and taste great with marinated duck and fresh vegetables. Serve these up with some sweet chili sauce, sweet and sour sauce and hot mustard.
Makes 10-12 Egg Rolls
- 4 duck breasts
- 1 package Egg Roll Wraps
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 6 green onions finely chopped
- 1 large carrot (diced or shaved using potato peeler)
- 1 red bell pepper finely chopped
- 2 cups finely shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 8 ounces sliced water chestnuts
- 8 ounces bamboo shoots
- salt and pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Hoison sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves sliced thin
- fresh cilantro
- 1 green onion finely chopped
- red chili flakes (optional)
- Marinade Duck breasts in a Ziploc bag for about an hour.
- In a bowl combine cabbage, carrot, onion, bean sprouts, bell pepper, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts.
- Remove duck from bag, chop and quickly fry in hot skillet. About 3-5 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add ½ cup chicken broth to pan along with all vegetables and cook for about 5 minutes or until vegetables soften. (Note: cover pan with a lid to help steam vegetables.) Remove from heat and drain the liquid. Add duck meat to mixture.
- On a cutting board place egg roll with the corner pointed toward you. Place a few tablespoons of the mixture on egg roll and fold the corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. With your finger, brush a bit of the water on the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
- Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
Serve with sweet chili sauce, sweet and sour sauce and hot mustard.