August 02, 2021
The new Hobie Mirage Lynx is a rugged, lightweight and customizable pedal-driven fishing kayak that handles responsively for ultimate maneuverability.
Weighing only 45 pounds (around 60 fully rigged), the streamlined Lynx uses nearly effortless pedal power via MirageDrive 180 with Kick-Up Fins for both forward and reverse movement — you can steer in reverse, too. Its flat-bottom design helps the kayak skim across the surface and turn tightly with stability.
We got a chance to see the Lynx up close and test it out on the water at ICAST 2021 in Orlando.
Lightweight materials meet optimal performance with ACE-TEC Technology that is tough enough for a good thrashing at the lake. With its light weight and rear-loading skid pads, it can easily be loaded and unloaded on your vehicle, even car tops.
The seat is designed with breathable, mono-mesh fabric, and is elevated to keep you dry all day. The wide bow creates a smoother ride and ample storage for gear. Meticulously crafted with molded-in tracks and accessory mount for upgrades.
The Lynx was one of more than 600 new fishing gear items desiplayed in ICAST's New Products Showcase.
Hobie Mirage Lynx Kayak On-the-Water Test Run
The all-new Hobie Mirage Lynx delivers performance in a rugged and lightweight design; here's how it performed on the water.
Hobie Mirage Lynx Kayak Features
- Forward and reversing MirageDrive 180 Pedal Power w/ Kick-Up Fins
- Durable and Lightweight ACE-TEC construction
- Flat, low-profile hull design for speed and maneuverability
- Elevated seating with breathable mono-mesh fabric
- Fishfinder and Power-Pole ready
- EVA standing pad for comfort
- Molded-in track system for accessory comfort
- Rear-loading skid pads and stackable design for car-top transporting
- Dual steering and removable rudder system
- Seat-mounted cup holder
- Bow storage with bungee tie-downs
- Two-piece paddle
- Length: 11 feet
- Width: 36 inches
- Capacity: 350 pounds
- Fitted hull weight: 45 pounds
- Full rigged weight: 61 pounds
- MSRP: $2,699
- More info