Prep time: 40 minutes
Cook time: 4-5 hours
Venison Meat Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 small onion
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 12-14 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 ½ cups cottage cheese
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons half-and-half
1. Brown venison with onion and garlic. Add diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, oregano, basil and sugar. Mix well and simmer for 30 minutes.
2. In bowl combine cottage cheese, beaten egg, half ‘n half and salt.
3. Spray your crock pot with non-stick spray. Start with layer of meat sauce than a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) then a layer of cottage cheese mixture followed by some of the cheeses. Repeat layers making sure noodles are touching a layer of sauce. End with cheese layer on top.
4. Cover with lid and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
For more recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.