Pasta la vista baby! Whip up this Venison Sausage Penne Pasta Recipe from "Crush with Lee & Tiffany" – it's perfect for any night of the week. It's so good, you'll want to make enough for leftovers.
You can make this venison sausage recipe the day before too. Just put the dish in the refrigerator and reheat it the next day.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 4 hours
- 2 pounds venison ground breakfast sausage (if you use plain ground venison, season with spices)
- 1 chopped onion
- 4 cans of diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 jar of Cheese Con Queso (cheese dip in snack aisle)
- 1 package penne pasta
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Brown venison and onion; drain if needed.
- Place browned venison and onion in a slow cooker. Add diced tomatoes and tomato paste.
- Simmer in slow cooker on low for 3 hours.
- Add jar of Cheese Con Queso.
- Heat one more hour. If desired, garnish with red pepper flakes, parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Cook penne pasta according to directions on package.
- Serve cheesy venison over penne pasta with crusty bread and a salad. Enjoy!
For more recipes from "Crush with Lee & Tiffany", visit TheCrush.tv.