Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 2 pounds ground venison
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- 3 Demi-Loaves
- Mozzarella cheese
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- In a large bowl, mix the first 7 ingredients well. Form the mixture into 1-inch balls and place into a hot skillet coated with extra-virgin olive oil. Brown each side of the meatballs. Make sure to not overcrowd the pan, you might need to work in batches.
- Once the meatballs are browned on each side, add 1 jar of marinara sauce of your preference to the meatballs. Put the lid on and reduce the heat to medium. Steam until cooked through, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat an oven to 350 degrees. Cut the tops out of 3 Demi-Loaves and scoop out bread forming a hole. Once the meatballs are cooked through, spoon them in and cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes or until the cheese is browned and bread is toasted. Serve and enjoy!
For more recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.