September 19, 2016
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
- 2 pounds ground venison or elk meat, browned
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- ¾ cup water
- 8 ounces taco sauce (not salsa)
- ½ cup melted butter
- 4 cups shredded Mexican or sharp cheese
- 8 (8- to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 can enchilada sauce
1. Add taco seasoning and water to browned venison. Set aside.
2. Mix taco sauce and melted butter. Set aside.
3. Grease a 9x13 pan. To make enchiladas, use a large pizza pan.
4. Put a ladle of the taco/butter mixture in the middle of pan.
5. Take a tortilla, one at a time, and lay in taco/butter mixture. Turn it over and put a large spoonful of meat mixture across tortilla. Sprinkle with a little cheese. Roll up and place in pan. (This is the messy part!) Repeat until all tortillas are filled and in pan.
6. Pour enchilada sauce over all and top with cheese.
7. Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Check often to make sure cheese isn't burning.
8. Serve with usual toppings (lettuce, cheese, salsa, sour cream, onions, jalapeños, etc.)
For more venison recipes from Crush with Lee & Tiffany, visit TheCrush.tv.