May 04, 2015
By "Crush with Lee & Tiffany"
- 1 ½ lbs. ground venison
- 9 oz. package of refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic-minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 1 - 28 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 - 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1 t basil
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- 8 oz. fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Romano cheese
1. Cook cheese tortellini according to package and drain.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. In large frying pan add olive oil and sauté onion and minced garlic. Add chopped spinach and cook until wilted. Remove from pan.
4. Brown venison until cooked. Stir in tomatoes, basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt & pepper. Add the cooked onion, garlic & spinach.
5. Transfer all to a large casserole (oven proof).
6. Add cooked tortellini and mix well. Add fresh mozzarella and mix.
7. Sprinkle Romano and Parmesan cheese.
8. Cover loosely with foil and bake 20-25.
9. Remove foil and continue cooking until heated completely.
10. Enjoy with salad and garlic bread.
For more recipes from "Crush with Lee & Tiffany", visit TheCrush.tv.