- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 ½ pounds pheasant
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon homemade onion powder
- 1 cup instant potato buds
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt 1/4 cup butter and place in flat casserole dish.
Wash and dry the pheasant. Whisk the egg, garlic powder, onion powder and milk together in one bowl. Mix potato flakes and cheese in another bowl.
Dip pheasant pieces in the milk mixture, then roll in the flakes to coat. Place skin-side down in the baking dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Bake uncovered for 30 minutes. Turn pieces, sprinkle again with salt, pepper and the remaining potato flake/cheese mixture. Bake another 30 minutes.
For more delicious pheasant recipes, please visit www.MissHomemade.com.