Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 hours
- 3 pounds venison, trimmed
- 5 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped
- 1 cup homemade ketchup
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar (packed)
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup beef broth
- In a skillet, fry the bacon and onion until the bacon is slightly crispy; remove bacon mixture and drain. Brown each side of the venison with the remaining bacon grease.
- Spray the inside of a Crock-Pot with vegetable oil and add the venison. Then, add the bacon and onion mixture.
- In a bowl, mix the ketchup, lemon juice, brown sugar, ground mustard and garlic together. Pour this mixture over the venison and cook on low for 10 hours.
- When done, turn the Crock-Pot on high.
- In a bowl, whisk the cornstarch and beef broth together and add to the Crock-Pot, stirring well. Cover for ten minutes. Give it a one final stir and it's ready to serve.
For more venison recipes, visit: MissHomemade.com