Total time: 30-40 minutes
- 2 pounds sausage, your favorite kind
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 large package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced new potatoes
- 2 quarts unsalted chicken stock
- A generous handful of prewashed chopped kale
- Seasoned salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper
- Dried or fresh parsley, to taste
- 1 container sour cream
- Slice sausage into bite-size pieces.
- Heat oil in a medium stockpot over medium-high heat. Add sausage and brown.
- Next, add chopped onion and a pinch of salt, and heat for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add sliced mushrooms and cook for 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms have given up most of their moisture.
- Then add canned potatoes (plus liquid) and chicken stock. If needed, add water or more broth to submerge all ingredients – cook the soup as thick or thin as you like. Bring soup to a boil and then back down to a simmer.
- Add chopped kale and simmer soup for 15-20 minutes. Season to taste with seasoned salt, pepper and parsley; if using dried parsley, add it toward the beginning. Ladle soup into bowls and add a dollop of sour cream on top.
Note: If you have any other herbs/seasonings on hand, such as dried thyme, garlic powder, dill, celery seed, and/or bay leaves, use them to add more flavors to the soup.
Check here for more easy and delicious Go RVing lunch recipe ideas.