December 20, 2014
Permitted use provided by: MissHomemade.com
"It's the most wonderful time of the year." Yeah, yeah, but what is there to eat? I know that's what I hear and I bet dollars to donuts you do to.
Hot, steaming food in the forefront with a crackling fire in the background and Christmas music playing... okay, not the music.
- duck prepped for roasting
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1-1/4 cups frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 2 cans cherries in sweet syrup
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 3 TBS brown sugar, packed
- 2 TBS cornstarch
PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees. Prick just the skin of the duck (do not go into the meat).
In a bowl, mix the orange marmalade with the thawed orange juice concentrate. Pour this mixture over the duck.
Roast duck for 1-1/2 hours . Raise the oven temperature to 425 degrees and baste every 10 minutes for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, puree the cherries (including syrup) and pour into a saucepan. Add the wine, brown sugar and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and simmer until it thickens. Pour over the duck before serving. Garnish with orange slices, figs and blueberries.
- 2009 Alamos Chardonnay ($13)
- 2010 Santa Rita Reserva Sauvignon Blanc ($12)
- 2010 Lindeman’s Bin 90 Moscato ($8)