Yield: 8 Cheesy Bacon-Wrapped Hot Dogs
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 5-8 minutes
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 slices bacon
- 4 mozzarella string cheese sticks
- Wooden toothpicks (pre-soak toothpicks in water to prevent burning)
- Prepare grill or campfire.
- Cut each string cheese stick in half, lengthwise. Then cut a lengthwise slit into each hot dog and insert a piece of cheese.
- Wrap each cheese-stuffed hot dog with a slice of bacon. Secure with toothpicks.
- Grill hot dogs on low heat for about 5-8 minutes (rotate while grilling to cook all sides). Hot dogs should be slightly swollen, bacon a little crispy, and cheese bubbly. Toast hot dog buns on grill, if desired.
- Remove from grill; discard toothpicks from hot dogs. Spread mayonnaise on inside of buns.
- Place cheesy bacon-wrapped hot dogs in buns and drizzle with mustard before serving.
Check here for more easy and delicious Go RVing lunch recipe ideas.