Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 50 minutes
- 1 pound ground caribou venison
- 3 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 small onion, chopped
- ¾ cup beef broth (water is okay)
- 1 (8-ounce) package shell macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 2 cups shredded cheddar
- Green onion, chopped for garnish
- ¼ teaspoon homemade cayenne pepper (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
2. Brown meat and onion over medium heat. Drain and add the beef broth, taco seasoning and tomato paste. Mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Add macaroni, chilies and 1 ½ cups cheese. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
4. Bake for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top each serving with chopped green onions.
For more caribou recipes, please visit MissHomemade.com.