Canada Goose Pie Recipe
Learn how to make Canada goose pie on the grill with this recipe from Rick Browne
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 1 hour
Total time: 1 hour 20 minutes
- 1 large leek, well washed and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup parboiled carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8 large cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 large Canada goose breasts, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3⁄4 to 1 cup half-and-half (or cream)
- Prepared or homemade pie crust
1. Preheat barbecue to 350 degrees for indirect heating.
2. Place leak pieces in large bowl. Add onions, carrots, salt, pepper, mushrooms, sugar and oregano. Stir well.
3. In a cast-iron skillet over high heat, brown goose breasts in olive oil, until meat is seared on all sides. Set aside.
4. Pour vegetables over goose in skillet. Add half-and-half and stir well.
5. Cover top of skillet with pie crust, folding the edges under. Cut a few small vents in the crust.
6. Place over indirect heat on barbecue grill, cover, and cook for approximately 1 hour.
7. Remove from barbecue and serve directly from the skillet.
Tried this recipe? Share your comments below using Facebook!